Prep time: 60-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
Ingredients per person:
150g Beef Mince
40g Onions (chopped)
1/2 Apple (very finely chopped)
200g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes (non ‘value’)
100g Basmati Rice
50g Mixed Peppers (chopped)
50g Mushrooms (chopped)
30g Celery (finely chopped)
1 Small Clove of Garlic (crushed)
Herbs: Italian Seasoning (1/6 tsp) , Basil (1/6 tsp) , Oregano (1/6 tsp) & Coriander (1/6 tsp)
Spices: Paprika (1/3 tsp) & Ground Nutmeg (1/6 tsp)
Pinch of Salt
What you will need:
Non-stick frying pan
How to make:
- Place beef in frying pan and cook on a high heat.
- After about 5 minutes, depending on your beef, you may notice a great deal of liquid fat, depending on how you like your meal and the texture you want your beef to be, you can remove some of this if you wish.
- Next, add onions, apple and tinned tomatoes – mix into beef and turn down the heat.
- Next, wash your rice and place it into a saucepan with boiling water and salt – and cook according to time required.
- Then add peppers, mushrooms, celery, garlic, herbs & spices and mix into beef mince. Cook until the rice is ready.
- When rice is cooked, serve with beef bolognese and serve hot.
Save time by doubling or tripling the quantities and freeze them for meal/s for another day – only freeze for up to 1 month and eat immediately when defrosted.