Prep time: 10-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
400g Beef Mince (10% fat)
1 Medium Free Range Egg
15g Ground Almonds
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
15g Coconut Oil
400g Chopped Tomatoes Non Value
420g Mixed Vegetables (choose from any of the following: Mushrooms, Courgette, Peppers, Leek, Spinach)
1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
380g Cauliflower Florets
What you will need:
1 x Large mixing bowl
Non stick frying pan
1 x Saucepan
Microwave (and microwave dish with cling film) or Steamer
Food Processor or Grater
How to make:
- Place meat, fresh parsley, garlic powder, ground almond with egg, salt & pepper into mixing bowl. Use hands to knead & bind the mixture together.
- Take frying pan & melt your oil at medium-low heat.
- Once oil has melted, roll mixture into balls (your meatballs will shrink in size when cooking).
- Once rolled, place meatballs individually into saucepan. When placing meatballs into pan rub the ball into to butter to limit sticking. When cooking constantly turn meatballs until evenly browned.
- Next take saucepan, add chopped tomatoes, vegetables, coriander & stock and simmer at a medium heat.
- Grate or process cauliflower until the size of rice. Place in microwave bowl,cover with cling film. Poke holes in cling film, do NOT add water. Microwave on full blast for 4-5minutes until soft. Or steam until soft.
- Once vegetables in sauce have soften and meat balls have turned to a light brown colour, serve immediately.
Serving & storage suggestion:
I have tried freezing meatballs but once defrosted & re-cooked the meatballs not taste as good. You can however freeze the sauce and that tastes as good as fresh once re-heated.