Prep time: 15-minutes
Cook time: 15-minutes
7g Coconut Oil
40g Onion (chopped)
1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
50g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes (non value)
15g Tomato Puree
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/2 Chili (finely chopped)
Fresh Coriander (chopped)
80g Chicken (diced into strips)
Mac-Nutrition Mexican Spice Mix (amount is upto you)
80g Mac-Nutrition Guacamole
80g Mac-Nutrition Salsa
60g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt 5%
30g Mature Cheddar Cheese
Optional – 1/2 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
What you will need:
1 x Saucepan
1 x Non stick frying pan
How to make:
- (Prepare Mac-Nutrition Spice Mix, Guacamole, Salsa in advance)
- Melt half the coconut oil in the saucepan and add onion; stir until onion starts to brown. Then reduce the heat and add rice; stir and constantly stir for further 3 minutes.
- Next add garlic, tomatoes, puree, cumin & chili to the rice and turn the heat back up. Stir again for 1 minute, then add boiling water (add 100ml, you can always add more if needed) & optional stock. Allow to cook, stir occasionally.
- Take frying pan, place in remaining coconut oil, add chicken and once browns add spice mix and peppers.
- As chicken and rice is cooking, prepare salad & grate cheese.
- Once rice and chicken is cooked, serve hot with salad, guacamole, salsa, TOTAL Greek Yoghurt and sprinkle with cheese.