Prep time: 5-minutes
Cook time: 5-minutes
What you will need:
Non-stick frying pan
How to make:
- Place oats in bowl and add enough water to just cover them. Place the bowl in a microwave and cook for 30 seconds on the highest setting.
- Take the bowl out and add egg, whey and baking powder and mix.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and evenly distribute it (if you have excess liquid from the coconut oil soak it up with kitchen towel). Add pancake mixture to the frying pan and also evenly distribute.
- When one side of the pancake is cooked, flip it over to cook the other – your pancake is ready to flip if you can scoop your spatula under the pancake.
- When ready carefully transfer your pancake from frying pan to the centre of your plate. Add yoghurt & fruit and serve!
The pancake can be eaten cold but tastes best hot!
Whey – The flavour whey you use really will impact the taste of your pancake – ‘Chocolate Nut’ is the MacDonald original pancake flavour and it’s always a winner, but if you have a sweet tooth, like me, you might like to try ‘Banoffee’.