Prep time: 15-minutes
Cook time: 60-minutes
50g Red Lentils
3 Rashers of Bacon
1 small onion
50g Porridge Oats
70g Ground Almonds
Salt & Pepper
30g Sesame Seeds
4 Medium Free Range Eggs
200g Vegetables: Red Pepper & Courgette have been used in this recipe (finely chop)
200g TOTAL Greek Classic Yoghurt
50g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
800g Baked Potato (200g per serving) – Bake in oven for 50minutes until thoroughly cooked
520g Salad (130g per serving)
What you will need:
Pre-heat oven to 190c / Gas Mark 5
1x Frying pan
1x Mixing Bowl
1x Non Stick Quiche Dish/Tin
How to make MacQuiche:
- Pre-heat oven.
- Rinse lentils. Place in pan with boiling water. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Fry chicken, bacon & (lightly fry) onion in 5g butter. Once cooked set aside.
- Cut vegetables & bacon once cooked and set aside.
- Back to your lentils… drain lentils & place back into saucepan. Mix into saucepan dried oats, almonds, salt & pepper and sesame seeds. Beat 1 egg into mixture. Mixture will bind together but not be anything like pastry.
- Butter quiche dish and when quiche base is cool, using hands press base mixture into quiche dish.
- Carefully position bacon, onion & vegetables into bottom of quiche dish.
- Beat 3 remaining eggs, Greek yoghurt and pepper together and pour over filling.
- Sprinkle cheese and bake for 35mins, until filling is set. Serve hot or cold
Swap cheddar cheese for a different cheese if you’d prefer (like for like)