Prep time: 20-minutes
Cook time: 40-minutes
1 Large Onion
680g Beef Mince (10% fat)
450g Mixed Vegetables from the following: Celery, Leek, Courgette
1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
1200g Sweet Potato
80g TOTAL Classic Greek Yoghurt
60g Mature Cheddar Cheese
SPICES: Salt & Pepper, Sprinkle of Ground Nutmeg
400g Broccoli (100g per serving)
Optional – 1/2 or 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
What you will need:
1 x Non stick frying pan
1 x Saucepan
Pryex heat proof dish
Pre-heated oven: 375°F/190°C/Gas 5
1 x Steamer
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to above temperature.
- Melt butter and lightly fry onion and carrot to soften. Add in mince and after 5 minutes add in mixed veg, stock cubes, fresh parsley & spices, simmer for 5-10minutes.
- Prepare sweet potato (wash & chop; skins on optional), add to saucepan with boiling water. Boil until completely soft. Strain & mash with TOTAL Greek yoghurt.
- Back to frying pan: When mince lightly browns & liquid slightly thickens (add xanthan gum if not thickening) add to base of heat proof dish.
- When mince has been evenly distributed, top with mash sweet potato. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, top with cheese, put back in oven and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli.
- Once cottage pie is cooked & broccoli soft, serve hot.
This recipe is ideal to freeze, defrost & reheat. Still tastes great!
You could use 1120g of yams with this recipe instead of 1200g sweet potato, or use half & half.