Prep time: 7-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
100g Pork Loin Steaks (cut into strips – no need to cut the fat off)
1 tsp / 4g Coconut Oil
100g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes (non ‘value’)
50g Red or Yellow Peppers (finely chopped)
50g Courgette (chopped)
2 x 1 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
1/2 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
Several leaves / 3g of Fresh Coriander
2 Eggs (medium, free range)
130g Salad (including lettuce, celery, cucumber, spinach)
What you will need:
1 non-stick wok & 1 non-stick frying pan or 1 non-stick frying pan & heat proof dish along
1 Saucepan (for quinoa)
1 mixing bowl
How to make:
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in wok and add pork.
- Once pork starts to brown add, tinned tomatoes, peppers, courgette, chilli and 1 tsp of fish sauce. Mix together on heat for 4 minutes. Then add 3/4 of your fresh coriander and mix for a further minute.
- Next, either turn your wok heat down (stirring occasionally) or transfer your pork mixture into a heat proof dish and place in a warm oven. (Clean your frying pan at this stage if your reusing it to make omelette)
- Add boiling water with quinoa to saucepan and start cooking. Quinoa cooks in about 10 minutes.
- Next, crack your eggs in a bowl, add 1 tsp of fish sauce and whisk together.
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in frying pan, then add egg mixture. Cook as you would a normal omelette.
- Start preparing your salad.
- Once omelette is cooked place in centre of plate, spoon pork mixture just off centre (maybe not all as it may not fit) and fold into parcel. Look below for folding tips – use a cocktail stick to keep in place if required.
- Drain quinoa and serve with hot stuffed omelette & steamed vegetables.