Makes: 3 bars
Prep time: 5-minutes
Cook time: 15-minutes
25g Porridge Oats
100g Boiling Water
1 Medium Free Range Egg
40g Coconut Milk (coconut extract 85%)
60g Almond Butter
70g Chocolate Whey Isolate
15g Cashew Nuts (crushed)
5g Butter (for lining baking paper)
Optional – Orange Zest & 1/2 tsp Almond Essence
What you will need:
Pre-heated oven (150c / gas mark 2-3)
1 x Pyrex mixing bowl
Baking paper / Baking parchment
Baking tray / Bread tin
How to make:
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c / gas mark 2-3.
- Place oats in bowl and add boiling water. Allow oats to stand and absorb water for 3 minutes.
- Mix in egg, coconut milk, almond butter and whey (add in optional extras).
- Line tin with baking paper and rub butter into the base & sides of your paper.
- Add mixture to tin.
- Cook in oven for 14minutes; time will fluctuate depending on tin used. I use a bread tin, so if using a tin with greater surface area, cooking time will be MUCH less; do keep an eye on your mixture! Essentially cook your mixture till it only just becomes solid, see step 5 below.
- Once cooked, lift whole bar out of tin holding the paper, place on plate, allow to stand for 1 minute.
- After minute, in one quick movement, flip the bar over onto the plate. Remove paper and allow to stand on a cooling rack.
- Cut into 3 equal slices. Eat hot or cold.
- Allow your bars to fully cool on a wire cooling rack and then store in an air tight container.
- Do not put in the fridge. Keep at room temperature and consume within 48 hours.