Prep time: 60-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
120g Chicken (diced)
1/2 Lime (juice & rind)
1 tsp / 4g Coconut Oil
1/2 Green Chili (finely chopped)
40g Creamed Coconut
100g Basmati Rice
1/2 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
Several leaves / 4g of Fresh Coriander (chopped)
30g Lactose-Free Yogurt
60g Green Beans
Boiling Water (amount depends on how ‘runny’ you like your curry)
What you will need:
Non-stick wok or non-stick frying pan
Saucepan (for rice)
Steamer (for vegetables)
Mixing bowl x2
Cling film or food freezer bag
How to make:
- Squeeze and grate your lime into first mixing bowl. Add chicken and stir. Put cling film (or bag) over mixing bowl and set aside in fridge. Allow chicken to marinade for at least an hour – or more if you have time.
- About 20 minutes before you want to eat, drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add coconut oil to wok and melt. Then add chicken and stir-fry until slightly golden.
- Next, add chili and stir for minute. Add creamed coconut and appropriate boiling water amount (start with a little water; you can always add more). Allow to simmer until creamed coconut has fully melted.
- When there are about 10 minutes left – Wash rice before adding to a boiling saucepan of water; cook rice for appropriate time.
- Once coconut has fully ‘creamed’, stir in the fish sauce, 3/4 coriander and remaining marinade. Cook and stir. Allow to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add vegetables to steamer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, take second mixing bowl and add yoghurt and the remaining of your coriander. Mix together. Once mixed, add to your serving plate.
- When your rice has cooked, drain and add to serving plate along with your cooked curry and steamed vegetables.