Prep time: 10-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
120g Pork Loin Steaks (cut into strips – no need to cut the fat off)
1 tsp / 4g Coconut Oil
3 Spring Onions or 1 Small Onion
100g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes (non ‘value’)
50g Peppers (finely chopped)
50g Mushrooms (finely chopped)
2 x 1 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
Several Leaves / 4g of Fresh Coriander
1/2 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
1 Egg (medium, free range)
1 Egg White
160g Salad (including lettuce, celery, cucumber, spinach) or 50g Broccoli & 50g Asparagus – to accompany your stuffed omelette
What you will need:
1 non-stick wok & 1 non-stick frying pan or 1 non-stick frying pan & heat proof dish along
Steamer (if having vegetable option)
1 mixing bowl
How to make:
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in wok and add pork.
- Once pork starts to brown add chopped spring onions, tinned tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, chilli and 1 tsp of fish sauce. Mix together on heat for 4 minutes. Then add 3/4 of your fresh coriander, mix for a further minute.
- Next, either turn your wok heat down (stirring occasionally) or transfer your pork mixture into a heat proof dish and place in a warm oven. (Clean your frying pan at this stage if your reusing it to make omelette)
- Next, crack your egg & egg white in a bowl, add 1 tsp of fish sauce and whisk together.
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in frying pan, then add egg mixture. Cook as you would a normal omelette.
- Start steaming your broccoli & asparagus or start preparing your salad.
- Once omelette is cooked place in centre of plate, spoon pork mixture just off centre (maybe not all as it may not fit) and fold into parcel. Look below for folding tips – use a cocktail stick to keep in place if required.
- Serve your Thai Stuffed Pork Omelette hot with steamed vegetables or salad.