Prep time: 10-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
100g Pork Loin Steaks (cut into strips – no need to cut the fat off)
1 tsp / 4g of Coconut Oil
3 Spring Onions or 1 Small Onion
100g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes (non ‘value’)
50g Peppers (finely chopped)
50g Mushrooms (finely chopped)
2 x 1 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
1/2 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
Several leaves / 3g of Fresh Coriander
1 Egg (medium, free range)
1 Egg White (medium, free range)
130g Salad (including lettuce, celery, cucumber, spinach) or 50g Broccoli & 50g Asparagus – to accompany your stuffed omelette
What you will need:
1 non-stick wok & 1 non-stick frying pan or 1 non-stick frying pan & heat proof dish along
Steamer (if having vegetable option)
1 Saucepan (for quinoa)
1 mixing bowl
How to make:
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in wok and add pork.
- Once pork starts to brown add chopped spring onions, tinned tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, chilli and 1 tsp of fish sauce. Mix together on heat for 4 minutes. Then add 3/4 of your fresh coriander and mix for a further minute.
- Next, either turn your wok heat down (stirring occasionally) or transfer your pork mixture into a heat proof dish and place in a warm oven. (Clean your frying pan at this stage if your reusing it to make omelette)
- Add boiling water to saucepan and start cooking quinoa. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Next, crack your egg & egg white in a bowl, add 1 tsp of fish sauce and whisk together.
- Melt coconut oil on a medium heat in frying pan, then add egg mixture. Cook as you would a normal omelette.
- Start steaming your broccoli & asparagus or start preparing your salad.
- Once omelette is cooked place in centre of plate, spoon pork mixtue just off centre (maybe not all as it may not fit) and fold into parcel. Look below for folding tips – use a cocktail stick to keep in place if required.
- Drain quinoa and serve with hot stuffed omelette & steamed vegetables or salad.