Prep time: 10-minutes
Cook time: 5-minutes
2 Rashers of Bacon
1 tsp Coconut Oil
2 Eggs (medium, free range)
100g Chopped Tomatoes (non ‘value’ options)
70g Peppers (chopped)
50g Celery (chopped)
Fresh Coriander (chopped)
1/2 Red Chilli (…or a whole 1 if you’re daring and like it hot!)
What you will need:
Non-stick frying pan
How to make:
- Place un-cooked bacon on a Grill Pan (Its a grate in a tray that usually has a handle. Use this so your bacon fat can drip off the meat and grate into the tray) and place under a hot grill. Check and turn bacon every few minutes so it cooks evenly.
- Next, melt lard (or coconut oil) in a frying pan on a high heat and cook your eggs as desired.
- When eggs are ready place on plate and keep warm in the very bottom of your top oven / grill.
- Remove any egg remnants in your frying pan and add tomatoes, peppers, celery, chili and coriander. Continuously stir until peppers are soft – add a little more lard (or coconut oil) if required.
- When bacon is cooked and peppers are soft, add onto your warm plate with your eggs. Serve hot.
Pour the collected bacon fat from your grilling tray onto your eggs – this will your eggs some extra lovely flavour!