Harrow Swimming Club
Thank you for attending the performance nutrition talk on Wednesday 13th April. We have compiled the information you heard on this private Harrow SC page so that you can refer back to it in future. We have also included a few downloadable documents that might be of help. If you would like to take your/your athlete's nutrition further and think a 1-2-1 consultation would help, please check out our individual services via the services page.
Below, you will find a downloadable copy of the individual slides presented to you. Simply click on the image to download the slides.
During the presentation, we talked about a few different sports foods and supplements that may be of particular benefit if you are trying to make a change to your diet and therefore improve health, performance and recovery (training adaptations). Below are some reminders and 'clickable' links in case you want to order them.
- Omega 3 – you can get benefits from taking only 1 of these fish oils daily however depending on your situtation, further benefits may be gained by taking more.
- Vitamin D3 – if you do not know your Vitamin D levels, only take 1 capsule daily or 7 capsules weekly. If you know your Vitamin D levels and you are deficient or insufficient you can take 2-4 capsules daily to correct this.
If you are interested in finding out more about our recommended supplements for improved health, sign-up to our infrequent newsletter and you will be able to download our eBook, 'Supplements 101' for FREE… You can sign up via our homepage.
The links above will take you to the MyProtein website. These are the best quality, most affordable supplements on the market at present, and do have a batch-tested 'Informed Sport' range suitable for amateur and eilte athletes. If you have never ordered from MyProtein before, you can enter the referral code MP4156 to get 5% OFF your first order. On top of this, if you enter the discount code MART10 at the checkout, you will receive an additional 10% off! You can use this code whenever you buy anything from the website.
Snacks & Useful Sports Foods
- Oats and Whey bar – a useful, 'protein bar' that can be used as a pre-training snack
- Whey – can be used as part of a meal or combined with a number of things to create snacks, meal replacements or recovery shakes.
- Ultra fine oats – combined with whey, milk, dessicated coconut or ground almonds for instance these can make an excellent meal replacement or post-training shake option
- Flaked Coconut – can be used as part of a trail mix. They provide a welcome change from nuts and provide a slightly sweet taste despite providing long lasting energy and being very low in sugar.
- Beef Jerky – a very high protein, low calorie snack that can be used to keep you feeling full between meals or as part of a healthy high protein lunch option served with salad, some nuts and a piece of fruit for example.
The following Mac-Nutrition recipes have been designed to support recovery. Click on one of the images below to be directed to a specific recipe.
Resources – Click to Download
Below are a few downloadable resources that you may find useful. Simply click on the link to download.