Lime & Coconut Curry
- 120g Chicken (diced)
- 1 tsp / 4g Coconut Oil
- 1/2 lime (juice & rind)
- 3 Spring Onions or 1 Small Onion
- 40g Creamed Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1/2 Green Chilli (finely chopped)
- Several leaves / 3g Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 30g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt 5%
- 60g Broccoli (chopped)
- 40g Asparagus (whole)
- 40g White Cabbage (shredded)
- Boiling Water (amount depends on how 'runny' you like your curry)
What you will need:
- Non-stick wok or non-stick frying pan
- Steamer (for vegetables if needed)
- Mixing bowl x2
- Cling film or food freezer bag
How to make:
- Squeeze and grate your lime into first mixing bowl. Add chicken and stir. Put cling film (or bag) over mixing bowl and set aside in fridge. Allow chicken to marinade for at least an hour – or more if you have time.
- About 20 minutes before you want to eat, drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add coconut oil to wok and melt. Then add chicken and stir-fry until slightly golden.
- Next, add chilli and stir for minute. Add creamed coconut and appropriate boiling water amount (start with a little water; you can always add more). Allow to simmer until creamed coconut has fully melted.
- There are about 10 minutes left – Start steaming white cabbage. Add asparagus and broccoli after 'Step 5' as asparagus and broccoli only need 5 minutes to be steamed.
- Once coconut has fully 'creamed', stir in 3/4 of your spring onions (or all of onion if using this alternative), fish sauce, 3/4 coriander and remaining marinade. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Next, take second mixing bowl and add TOTAL yoghurt and the remaining of your coriander. Mix together. Once mixed, add to your serving plate.
- When curry and vegetables are ready, serve hot with coriander yoghurt. Sprinkle remaining spring onions onto top for garnishing.