Makes: 12 – 15 cookies
Prep time: 5-minutes
Cook time: 20-minutes
50g Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 Medium Free Range Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
300g Ground Almonds
55g Stevia (Calorie-Free Sweetener)
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
60g Dark Chocolate (82% coco) broken into small pieces or 50g Dark Chocolate Chips
What you will need:
1 x Microwave bowl
1 x Mixing bowl
Greaseproof paper / baking parchment
Baking tray (possibly two)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F/190°C/Gas 5.
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to above temperature.
- Place oil into bowl & microwavable full blast till melted – approx 1 min.
- In mixing bowl, crack & beat eggs with vanilla essence.
- Add in dry ingredients (ground almonds, stevia, baking powder & salt) & mix.
- Add oil to cookie dough. Mix together. Mixture will clump together very quickly.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, slightly bigger than tablespoon in size.
- Cook in oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Eat warm or cold (…taste great just out of the oven but do wait 10 minutes)
The above recipe is for optimal nutrition, improving cholesterol & a great treat for diabetics (as this recipe helps stablise blood sugars while having a sweet hit). However if you aren't diabetic and would prefer your cookies a little sweeter you have two options a) increase stevia amount from 70g upto 90g or b) decrease coco content of your chocolate; don't go below 60% coco though.